The Trust’s seven trustees ensure that income is used to support education, transport and logistics, City institutions and the relief of hardship among Carmen and their dependants. “Education” includes scholarships for disadvantaged students as well as support for state schools and colleges (chiefly in London) to help them ensure their work is truly inclusive. Carmen’s support of education includes the following.
- supporting state schools to help ensure that students have full access to learning. Click here for more information
- supporting initiatives which help secure a future for young people. Click here for more information
- supporting community initiatives that open up education and employment opportunities. Click here for more information
- supporting pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds who attend schools connected with the City of London. Click here for more information
- paying for specialist equipment at the Treloar School and College for Disabled Young People. Click here for more information
- a scholarship that provides accommodation for a pupil at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Click here for more information
- funding to two London schools, providing support for refugees from Ukraine in the UK. Click here for more information
- grants to services’ cadet units which help develop young people in London for their place in society
The trustees are always pleased to consider ideas from Carmen for extending this work.
Thank you for supporting the Carmen Benevolent Trust
The Worshipful Company of Carmen Benevolent Trust CIO is a Registered Charity in England & Wales, No. 1164687