The Carmen’s motto is Scite Cito Certe – it means Skilfully, Swiftly, Surely and was first adopted in 1892.
The arms were granted in 1929 and the supporters in 1938, with the original design created by the Windsor Herald.
The supporters are two dray horses, harnessed and bridled, with collars of leaved roses. (The feathers are ornamental, and not part of the heraldry)
The arms are represented on the Master’s badge, which was designed by Lancaster Herald in 1938.