The Worshipful Company of Carmen, the 77th out of 110 London Livery Companies, has over 600 members.
As a livery company of the City of London, with a wide range of talent and achievement, Carmen reflect today’s transport industry, the lifeblood of our economy.
We are part of a City-wide fellowship of historic and modern guilds reflecting trades, crafts, industries and professions. Over the millennium, those guilds have moved to meet the needs of the times. The Carmen are no exception.
Carmen raise money for the deserving and disadvantaged, primarily in education and health; we offer support, encouragement and benevolence to those who serve in harm’s way in the three armed services; we innovate in the world of transport, through debate, discussion and design; and we actively support and contribute to the City civic.
The oldest transport organisation in the world, the Carmen focus on good fellowship to improve all our journeys.
- Develop your network of professionals in the transport and related industries, from all areas of transport and logistics.
- Mentor and support others and develop your own knowledge and skills
- Become involved in the Company’s charitable support and educational programmes.
- Be an active member of an historic livery company with an enviable background in the Transport and Logistics sector.
- Progress to Liveryman and take part in the election of the Lord Mayor of the City of London.
- Attend a wide range of Livery events including dinners, fund raising, awards and educational programmes.
- Take part in other friendly activities such as golf and the well attended car club.
Overall, to be part of an historic Livery Company that offers great opportunity to develop and promote fellowship, benevolence and education amongst a diverse range of members, friends and associates with wide connections across the Transport and Logistics industry and beyond.